Thursday, July 3, 2008

David makes really good smoothies.

Last Tuesday, with a raging case of tonsillitis and hepped up on Tylenol 3, I took my Royal Conservatory of Music grade 9 piano exam. This was not really related to our move to Dallas, but it's been a huge goal I've been working toward all year and I feel like it's a big step.

For your interest, here was my repertoire (right around the Chopin, I was wondering how many marks the examiner would deduct if I fell off the piano bench).

Study in E flat Major
Moritz Moszkowski

Study in C Major
Carl Czerny

Sinfonia no. 12 in A Major, BWV 798
Johann Sebastian Bach

Sonata in C minor, Op. 13 ("Pathétique")
1st movement: Grave / Allegro di molto e con brio
2nd movement: Adagio
Ludwig van Beethoven

Nocturne in E flat Major, Op. 9 No. 2
Frédéric Chopin

Over the Rainbow
Harold Arlen (arr. George Shearing)

(In other news, I am also now the proud owner of a very large Canadian flag. I plan to fly it out our dorm window on the dates of Canadian holidays not observed in the U.S. My first chance to do that will be on October 13th, Thanksgiving Day – and our first wedding anniversary).

No comments: