Monday, August 11, 2008

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

All our bags (and boxes) are packed, or mostly! We have had to pare down our belongings and are leaving lots of our stuff behind (to be stored in the basement crawlspace of my very kind and helpful parents-in-law!). The process of packing has made me think about some of the special things that I am bringing with me, and the people in my life who care for me and will go with me through those special items. Here are a few that I thought of:

- Green wine glasses from Karin Schemeit (from my first university time at Concordia)
- Funky jewelry holder from Christine and Carolann Learmonth
- Enormous text "A Panorama of Christian Hymnody", which I need for a course and which my Dad had in his collection because one of his hymns is in it (lucky me)
- Trusty frying pan, given to me by my Aunt Ginny
- Chopsticks from Marie Campbell
- Tupperware from my Eberlin Aunts-in-law, from our wedding
- China angel figures, from my Grandma Wyatt

Not to mention all the wonderful things I've been taught by Eve Egoyan, Chris Peterson and Linda Beaupr̩ РI know I'll be called on to use every scrap of that knowledge at SMU (let's hope not all in the first week).

And furthermore, I would like to report that during the first meeting of my first class at SMU (Church Music Colloquium I, Church Music for Advent, Christmas and Epiphany, if you were wondering) there will be a test on the course outline. (Muh?) If anyone has any tips on how to study a course outline, I'm listening.

We leave for Chicago in three days!

1 comment:

maryclairey said...

A test on the course outline?! ug. What is the title of the lecture to be held on November 17? And what is the topic of the paper that you also have due that day...? just joking :)