Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I will share your joy and sorrow 'til we've seen this journey through

This weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving in the Deep South! That's right; no one knew what I was talking about when I wished them a Happy Thanksgiving, and the grocer raised his eyebrow when I asked him where the stuffing (dressing) was, but who cares! We had a tasty dinner of roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and the perennial cabbage salad. My first-ever try at making a feast like this! I think it was a success.

This year, Thanksgiving weekend coincided with our first wedding anniversary. :) :) :) We did a lot of remembering, and went back over all the gifts of friendship we were shown during our wedding time. We essentially concluded that our wedding kicked butt.

The first anniversary is the paper anniversary – don't be impressed; I googled that one. Apparently David had googled it too, because he made me an anniversary card out of leftover paper from our wedding invitations. I made apple pastries for breakfast. I had a whole clever joke worked out about how it's the paper anniversary but I got it wrong and thought it was the pastry anniversary.... but then when the time came I forgot to actually make the joke. Maybe that's for the better.

We both agreed we're glad to be on this adventure together, and are looking forward to year 2!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Happy Anniversary and Thanksgiving! How fitting that the two coincide. Blessings to you as you continue on your journey together.

XOK