Monday, November 10, 2008

Hilapoo and the blustery day

The weather in Dallas was kind enough to be windy, chilly and wet today - just the weather I'm accustomed to on my birthday!

This week is my busiest week (or at least I hope there won't be a worse one!) so while I would normally be at the church on Monday mornings, I begged off to get school work done. That meant I was able to spend my birthday morning in Starbucks with a latte, studying for my massive Intro to Grad Studies exam on Thursday (I'll give a better sense of what that's all about soon). But not before David had a little birthday party for me with balloons all over the place and some nice gifts, including a new computer game! (Nerdy, I know.) Too bad I don't have a computer to play it on... but we're working on that.

I've gotten a lot of work done so far and am now going to write a bit more of my Old Testament paper (I'm at Bridwell Library; my USB key has become my new best friend) before going to Organ class. Then it will be writing a paper for Colloquium, finishing up a project for Intro to Grad Studies, and flash cards for my exam with David. Definitely the most scholastic-tastic birthday I've had to date. But I am having a great day and many friends have left messages on my Facebook wall and sent notes and cards. I miss everyone I would normally see on my birthday (not to mention the ubiquitous birthday carousel) but I'm grateful to be where I am.

Okay, I have to go write about the vilification of Potiphar's wife in Genesis chapter 39.

No comments: