Monday, May 18, 2009

Brahms and other related things...

Last conducting assignment of the year! Here is me tackling Movement 2 of the Brahms Requiem, "Denn alles Fleisch es ist wie Grass". I'll just post the first half... the second half has all of those tempo changes and let's just say it all got a little frantic up in the choral hall. You can see my maestro stylings here.

In related news, Dr. Elrod let me know that I got in to the Meadows Chorale for next year, the high-level choir which she leads. (Not unlike being let into Mrs. Kopulos's prestigious Williamson Road Chorale??) I'm very excited, but I'll have to keep on top of everything as the group practices four times a week! First off in the fall is "Carmina Burana" at the downtown Meyerson Symphony Centre. Er, Center.

I'm also going to be assistant conducting Dr. Hawn's Seminary Singers next year, a position which he offered me last month! It's all going to be very exciting and I'll get lots of good experience. This means I'll get to conduct a piece at the big Christmas Lessons and Carols service in Perkins Chapel, and conduct a song at my own graduation ceremony! Go me.

Remember this, everybody? Ten points if you can correctly identify the ensemble.

No comments: